As a community Christian school, Grace Christian Academy functions within the following doctrinal parameters:
- We believe that the Bible, both Old and New Testaments, is the inspired Word of God without error in its original manuscripts. It is the written record of God’s supernatural revelation of Himself to man, serving as our ultimate authority for faith and life.
- We believe that the God of the Bible is the only true God. As one God without beginning or ending, He has revealed Himself in three persons: God the Father, God the Son (Jesus Christ), and God the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of God, existing equal with God. Coming to earth, He was miraculously conceived by the Holy Spirit in the virgin, Mary, thereby being both completely God and completely man. Jesus Christ lived a sinless life, was crucified, rose bodily from the grave on the third day, ascended to the Father’s right hand in heaven, and will personally come again.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit is the third person of the Trinity, possessing the full essence and attributes of God. He guides, teaches, and empowers believers while convincing unbelievers of sin and drawing them to salvation.
- We believe that man was personally created by God in His image, yet at mankind’s first sin that image was permanently scarred. As a result, we are born sinful, spiritually dead, destined for eternal separation from God, and in need of a Savior.
- We believe that salvation from sin is by grace through personal faith in the substitutionary sacrifice of Jesus Christ at the cross. Through Him, the righteousness of God is satisfied, the sinner is rescued from Hell, his relationship with God is reconciled, his sin is forgiven, and his life is reborn.
- We believe the Gospel of Christ and that there is no other way for salvation.
- We believe that God wonderfully and immutable creates each person as male or female, and these distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. (Gen. 1:18-25) Rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person.
- We believe that the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one biological man and one biological woman who are married to each other. (1 Cor. 6:18; 7:2-5; Heb. 13:4). We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a biological man and a biological woman.
- We believe that any form of sexual immorality (including adultery, fornication, homosexual behavior, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, and use of pornography) is sinful and offensive to God. (Matt. 15:18-20; 1 Cor. 6:9-10)
- We believe that to preserve the function and integrity of Grace Christian Academy (a ministry of Grace Church as the Body of Christ), and to provide a biblical role model to the Grace Christian Academy members and the community, it is imperative that all persons employed by Grace Christian Academy in any capacity, or who serve as volunteers, agree to and abide by this Statement of Marriage, Gender, and Sexuality (Matt. 5:16; Phil. 2:14-16; 1 Thess. 5:22).
- We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ. (Acts 3:19-21; Rom. 10:9-10; 1 Cor. 6:9-11)
- We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity. (Mark 12:28-31; Luke 6:31) Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture nor the doctrines of Grace Christian Academy.
- We believe that all human life is sacred and created by God in his image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other state of condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value all human life. (Ps. 139)
The statement of faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For purposes of Grace Christian Academy’s faith, doctrine, practice, policy, and discipline our Grace Church Board of Elders is Grace Christian Academy’s final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application.